We had a awesome weekend. Totally crazy, much like life is during the summer. We went to the Draper Days Rodeo Saturday night with most the Welch family.
My two cowboys
Andy: I want to ride the hide
Me: I'm sorry you want to ride what?
Andy: You know, the hide ride. I want to do that someday before I die.
Well, honey that day finally came Saturday night. Travis got them signed up and he pulled Andy through the dirt...
To those of you who don't know what the hide ride is let me explain.
You have your rider at one end of the arena (Travis) he has a hide tied to a rope and rides down to the opposite end around a barrel, where the hide rider stands waiting (Andy). Once Travis rounds the barrel Andy has to jump on the hide, hold onto the rope while he is drug though the dirt to the starting end of the arena. The fastest time wins.
You have your rider at one end of the arena (Travis) he has a hide tied to a rope and rides down to the opposite end around a barrel, where the hide rider stands waiting (Andy). Once Travis rounds the barrel Andy has to jump on the hide, hold onto the rope while he is drug though the dirt to the starting end of the arena. The fastest time wins.
They were so close to winning...only losing by 2 tenths of a second. Their time was 14.00 and the winning time was 13.8 seconds. Better luck next year. I have a killer video of it if I can ever figure out how to post videos, I'll put it up here. I dare anyone to watch it without laughing.
When we got home, Andy made me watch the video with him about a dozen times before we could go to bed. He was so excited about it and had so much fun! Thanks again Travis, all this was possible because of you!!! You are the best, we love you!

2 comments:
HAHAHA i hope you post that video asap, i want to see it! that sounds like something that andy would totally want to do! sounds like you had a blast. you look darling! lets get together soon
You guys are way too dang cool! Can't wait for the video!! Chuck and I will get a kick out of it!!
Post a Comment