Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day. -Ann Landers



Oct 9, 2008

Quirks

My cousins cute wife tagged me for this one and I just had to laugh. As I was reading about her quirks and giggling, I thought 'gee I have so many what would I say..' then I saw at the bottom of hers that she tagged me...thanks Catherine :)

So here are the rules...Tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yourself and tag 6 fellow bloggers. Here we go:

1) I HATE waking up in the mornings, every morning after I turn off my alarm clock I say: "Ugh I hate waking up." Andy just laughs every time, and says "I know you do, good morning." Then I just glare at him for being so happy and bouncy right when he wakes up.

2) I have to plan everything in advance, it does not matter what it is or what's going on. It has to be planned. I don't 'go with the flow' very well, unless I've planned time for the flow. Andy has learned this the hard way, I've really tried to get better but recently I think it's gotten worse. I hate when plans change, and stress when things don't go according to plan. I know welcome to life.

3) I love the rain, and cold weather. I love the cool air as it slaps you in face and how it hurts your lungs if you breath in too quickly. I would much rather be cold than hot, I hate being hot! I usually don't wear a coat in the winter because I love to feel the freezing cold through my clothes.

4) I have weekly rules for my hair. Only twice a week can I wear it straight, twice wear it curly, and the other three days I can pull it back. I've been like that since junior high and I guess it just sort of stuck.

5) I am a locked door freak. I have to have the doors locked at all times, when I get home shut the door and lock it. When I get in my car first I do is lock the doors. I have to double and sometimes triple check the doors before I go to bed to make sure that all the doors are locked and dead bolted. Then when I'm ready for bed I lock our bedroom door. Andy's been 'locked out' on accident a few times. You can never have too many locks!

6) Lastly, I worry way too much. I think that the worst possible thing could happen all the time. If I can't get a hold of Andy on his cell phone, Reality: the batteries probably dead, or he's just really busy. My world: He's lying dead in the road somewhere. It's almost ridiculous, I've loosened up a lot since I've been married. It used to be so much worse.

Okay so wow if you read all that...
I tag: Megan Anderson, Lisa Healey, Andrea Griggs, Rachel Stuker, and Heidi Wing.

8 comments:

Kari said...

Those are cute quirks. I especially love the hair schedule.

I love these tags that go around Click here to read about my quirks.

Andrea Griggs said...

Wow, that's crazy, I could have written this post! We are a lot alike! :) I actually already did this tag, I'll have to move it up on my blog so you can read it-thanks.

Andrea

Catherine said...

You're welcome!! It's fun, isn't it! I think that is so funny because I could write the very same things almost word for word - it makes me realize that I may not be as weird as I thought. :) Hope things are going well!

Megan Andersen said...

This is a cute tag--thanks for thinking of me. I will put some thought into this one & get on it. I have some weird hair quirks too!

An average mom named rachel said...

Oh this was funny! I'll have to think about my quirks for a bit... but they are definitely there! Wes has a locking the door fedish too! IT drives me nuts. I'll come home knowing he is home and put my keys in my purse while carrying a dance bag, backpack and something else... barely be able to reach the door knob and it is locked! I used to just put things down and find my key. But now i just bang on the door. :)

Lisa and Oliver said...

Jess I love that you wrote those quirks! As I was reading some of them I thought to myself "me too!" ha ha I hate waking up in the morning, unless I am looking forward to something that day and I like to have things planned ALWAYS!!! ha ha I miss you!

Julie said...

You are a funny...and very paranoid girl!!

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

that was hilarious, but in a good and cute way. It's funny how so many people have their little quirks but don't even realize it. I'll bet I can think a few just sitting here. Hey it was great seeing you guys today.