It all started last week when Andy came home from work, huge smile on his face. I thought to myself...oh no, I know that look. With a deep breath I smiled back at him and waited for what he was about to say next. Trying to hide my smile I quietly waited until he finally broke the silence, almost in a shout grinning from ear to ear he says, "Jess, I'm going to play HOCKEY!!!!" And then waits for my reaction.
I've never been one to have several hobbies, I like what I like and stick to what I know. Andy however...is the total opposite, and I LOVE him for it. He fills his plate with more hobbies/activities than he knows what to do with. He drinks in life like he's drinking from a fire hydrant gushing out water. There is no taking a little sip, it's mouth opened wide, catch as much as you can. With these 'hobbies' comes a dying obsession, it's that one thing on his mind all the time for a while and then just as quickly as it came on, he's over it and onto the next thing.
His latest 'hobby' if you will, has been hockey, he's never played before but has always wanted too. I went and watched him play last night and it was HYSTERICAL!!! I was in tears laughing the whole time.
Stopping usually requires hitting the wall, or getting down and his knees and sliding into either something or someone.
Then with that huge grin gets up and attacks it again.
While all the other guys were all decked out and professional looking, you could spot Andy a mile away. With his black and green jersey, maroon and white socks, grey gloves, one white and one black skate, and his bright red hockey stick...
Not to mention he was the only guy out there with a HUGE grin from ear to ear the whole game.
Hey he might not have had the best looking gear, but he was so the best looking guy out there!
After only playing a few minutes he got passed the puck and shot it right between the goalies legs...SCORE! The whole game he kept looking up into the stands giving me the 'I love you sign' and making sure I was watching him. It was really cute!!!
He was on fire. Then the very last seconds of the game he went coast to coast, had a wild break away. Everyone was silent, I was saying to myself 'please don't fall, please don't fall...' as I watched him fly towards the goal. Then as if he'd been doing it all his life, he flipped the puck behind his back and shot it straight into the goal winning the game.
Two goals in one night...he was the hero, and they want him to come and play again next week.
He was so happy and so excited, he took me to get an ice cream sundae after the game!!! Yay me!!!!
I really couldn't ask for a greater husband, he's amazing!

6 comments:
I love this! Geez...Andy and Casey...they're like two peas in a pod. Although it's not hockey for him right now, Casey does the same thing. Howcrazy these guys are!
That is so funny!! Thats andy for you! Hes a great example of living life to the fullest thats for sure!!
Hey girl!
I love you blog. I'm so glad I found it. I love hearing about your stories. If there is one thing I can say about Andy is that he is the life of the party. I don't think there is anyone who doesn't like him. We feel SUPER lucky to know and be friends with you guys. How's that baby doing? Should be any day right? I keep waiting for a call to come. You better call! Love, Tiff and Ryan
He definitely knows how to live life to the fullest! Your boy will be so lucky to have a father like him!!
ofcourse big a tore it up! thats how we welch's roll. we dont need practice, we just show up and compete haha. love ya bro, matt
Have you had your baby yet?!?!!? I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures!
Post a Comment