Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day. -Ann Landers



Nov 1, 2010

TrIcK-or-TrEaT

It was such a bitter-sweet feeling this Halloween. We took Logan Trick-or-Treating for the first time. Part of me was so excited while the other part of me cried inside. I just couldn't help but think, "I can't believe my little baby is old enough to do this." He was SO dang cute! And yes I am working on calling him my little boy now and not my baby even though I HATE it! Treating with Dad. He liked to take turns with us going up to each house. After one house he would run over and hold the other person's hand, he is good about not leaving either of us out.
Mom's turn, next house let's get going.
The pumpkin flashlight:
When I was little my grandparents would come up every year for Halloween and go with us. They bought me a pumpkin flashlight that I LOVED!!! I took it with me every year that I can remember. So when I found this pumpkin flashlight I had to get it for Logan to carry on the tradition. Even though it means more to me right now than him, one day he will appreciate it!
From house to house he would scream, "Ick-TREAT!!!" At the top of his lungs, but when we got to the door he would stand there silently and hold out his hand. It was hilarious. Then as we were leaving he would scream, "Anch YOU!" (That's Thank you in Logan-eez) Followed by a very loud, "BYYYEEEE!!!!" So funny!!!!
It was freezing, but he didn't want to stop. I think his favorite part was ringing all the different door bells. "Ing-ong" (ding-dong). He'd say at every door.
What a special experience this was with him. Absolutely one that we will remember forever!!!

0 comments: