Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day. -Ann Landers



Sep 10, 2008

Halloween Practice

So for those of you who know me, must know how much I LOVE Halloween! It is my favorite holiday, I love dressing up and planning and attending fun Halloween parties. In fact I love it so much I decided last year that our dog must participate in the fun festivities. So I bought him a costume too...he HATED it, after struggling for several minutes to get the costume on him. It was torn off in seconds making me very frustrated. He must get that from Andy, every year Andy has his costume off as soon as we take pictures...I just don't get it!

Oakley 'loved' his costume so much that he actually drug it outside last year and tried to bury it in the backyard. Digging up our newly planted grass. At least Andy hasn't tried to bury any of his costumes...yet. Well not one to give up easily I decided that he just needed to 'practice' wearing his costume so that by the time Halloween comes he will have no problem wearing his costume...


I was very proud of him, he wore it for almost 5 minutes. It was a great accomplishment, after a week of practicing he now keeps it on for a good 30 minutes. That's all I can ask for anyway. So now that this little experiment has seemed to go pretty well, Andy will be next. I'm going to get his costume this week and we will 'practice' wearing it. I figure if a dog can do it so can he!!!
Wish me luck!






4 comments:

Megan Andersen said...

Love it! Oakley better eat all of this attention he is getting now up...because he is soon going to be taking a HUGE step down on the totem pole.

Andrea Griggs said...

Wow, I didn't know you loved Halloween so much. Congratulations on getting him to wear his costume for 30 minutes.

Clark Family said...

That's hilarious!!! Good luck with Andy!!!

Jason and Stefanie Burt said...

Poor Poor Oakley!! ha ha I cant give you too much crap because I saw a lady bug costume and I wanted to buy it for Nixen!! We need to get together soon! Love ya