Picture this:
It's Sunday night (May 23d) at 8:30, Andy comes to me:
Andy: "Hey Babe, what do you think about me doing the Tri-athlon out at DayBreak?"
Me: "Umm sure, when is it?"
Andy (hesitantly looking around the room): "Saturday."
Me: "Okay, which Saturday?"
Andy: "Actually, next Saturday."
Me: "Like in 6 days Saturday?!?!? There's swimming right? You don't swim, do you?"
Andy: "Yes, yes, and yes I can swim. You ask so many questions and don't give me time to answer."
Me: "Don't change the subject. So let me get this straight, you're doing this whole thing without any sort of training, and you feel good about it?"
Andy: "Jess, don't worry it's just a sprint, I'm a big boy, I can handle it."
Me: "Okay, whatever, you better not die!"
So off he went 6 days later with the help of his coach/trainer/brother-in-law Travis off to do this thing. He was so excited, couldn't sleep the night before. But everything ended up going great.
Here he is just before it started.
Funny thing: The only way I could pick Andy out was by his Farmer's tan...Pasty white chest/tan face and arms...hahaha.
All geared up and ready to roll. At this point Logan recognized his dad, and started crying reaching out to him and screaming "DA-DA-DA!!!!"
(Andy's the one in the white!)
Just kidding, making it back to drop off his bike for the run. Check out that cute little bum!
All smiles for the run, this was his strong point. Except that he said he couldn't feel his feet because they were so cold.
He finished 41st out of all the sprinters.
Way to go 'A' we love you!
And a very special thanks to Travis for being Andy's coach, providing the biking gear, and everything else. For helping me with Logan, and being such a great guy.
And also to Trent-your picture taking skills were greatly appreciated, the cheering, and company as well. I couldn't have done this without you two!!!
You are the best brother's-in-law I could ever ask for!!!
Love you guys!

0 comments:
Post a Comment