Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day. -Ann Landers



Jun 19, 2010

LQQK oUt WoRLd...

LQQK OUT WORLD HERE SHE COMES!!!
It's a sad/exciting day when the last member of your family graduates from high school...
My 'little' sister Jaclyn graduated from Brighton High School on June 2nd. What a trip that was. It was so surreal to be at her graduation, with my son. When I graduated, I stood in the same spot, in the same gown, with the same smile on my face. Only that on May 31, 2001 I stood next to this wide eyed little 8 year old. I said "8 YEAR OLD!!!!" Are you kidding me?!?!?!???
Where has the time gone, more importantly am I really that OLD???
She looked beautiful, and so excited. It's always a little bitter sweet, you don't know what you're going to do next, or what life has in store for you. Part of you wants to hang onto the life that you've had, and the other part wants to start running towards the future...
You finally choose a college to go to, and a path that you feel confident that you can walk on and become successful...but then you take a step back and are scared that you might fail...
I remember so well being in her shoes. I wish that I knew then what I know now, I would have done a million things differently, and not worried so much about the future and just enjoyed the ride.
I've tried the best I can to give her simple advise, advise that I wish someone had told me. But even still, advise is what you pay for it...and 'sisterly' advise is free. I am truly so proud of her!
She was all smiles as she walked up there to receive her diploma. Again I sat there on the opposite side of the camera, thinking over and over in my head, "Is this really happening? Is she really graduating? Am I really here?" Yes I was really there, and nothing I could do was going to change that.
The future is bright, and filled with so many possibilities, and so many choices. Utah State here she comes!!!
We had some down time, Rachel and I started the "Hall-Club" with our two boys who just couldn't seem to muster the strength to make it through the LENGTHY graduation speeches. Which was fine for me, out in the hall gave me time to regroup and get my emotions in check. Zurik and Logan are the best of buds! This summer I am losing a brother (going to Arizona for school) and a sister (going to Utah State)...
And then there was one :(
After the graduation we went back to Papa and Nona's for some relaxation, and a drink of water. Logan is fascinated with water these days...heaven help me!
I just love this kid!
Jaclyn- I wish you the best in life, don't forget to pray always, have faith in yourself, don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something. Follow your heart, but think with your head. Don't procrastinate, be patient and kind, don't be afraid to say what's on your mind. Be honest, and study hard. Don't forget where you've been, and be confident about where you are going.
I will miss you like crazy, I expect you to come home every once and a while, and still have sleepovers with me, I don't care how many times you call mom, you are required to call me at least once a week. I love you, and I love you!

1 comments:

Sarah Cluff said...

Call me this Summer! I'm off on Fridays and I'm sure the kids would have a blast playing with each other.