Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day. -Ann Landers



Apr 2, 2009

The 1st of many more...

Today is an exciting day. Logan is 1 month old, and time is just flying by like everyone said it would. He has been such a great baby, so small yet his personality is already shining though. Here are just a few of his favorite things:

His swing, where he spends countless hours back and forth back and forth...

Oakley
Everyday Oakley runs around the house searching for Logan first thing. It's really cute, then he'll find a way to lay by him wherever he is. Even if there is no room for him...he'll just make some.

He is happiest in the mornings and I can usually get a smile out of him when we have our morning "dance" around the house.

Bath time...he loves it when dad is there to help out. His favorite part is afterwards when we wrap him in his hooded towel. (Thanks Trent & Laura)


And last but not least...Nap time. One thing Logan has inherited from me is my LOVE of sleep. Most days we catch a nap together, that's my favorite part of the day!
Some of my favorite things about Logan:
1) His sweet spirit, he is the most content baby
2) His chubby cheeks
3) The way he turns his head towards my voice
4) When he won't let Andy put him to bed, but the second I pick him up he falls right asleep
5) His little smiles
6) The way he makes nothing else in the world matter
7) Even if he's sleeping the second Andy gets home, he wakes up to the sound of Andy's voice.
He loves his daddy.
8) When he stretches his little arms above his head and just leaves them there
9) His little feet
10) When he kicks his legs up and down when you're trying to change his diaper
I can't even remember my life without him. What in the world did I do? Logan we love you so much, you have honestly been a true blessing coming into our lives. Here's to many more months of happiness and growing together!

8 comments:

Chris and Shianne said...

He is so cute!! we need to come see him!

Sarah Cluff said...

Enjoy this time! It's not the same the second time around. It's still just as wonderful...just different than the first. You don't get as many naps with your little one the second time around!

Texas Welch's said...

Dogs are sooo cute with babies. It looks like Oakley has taken well to Logan. Enjoy every moment with him because before you know it he will be 1.

BonnieKaye said...

What a blessing a child is. I hope you always find joy in the small things like you just shared.

Mark and Racquel Stallings said...

OH I remember those days! Caden even had that same outfit and I loved it... now he's too big for it! He sounds like a sweet baby, I want to come snuggle him!

Anonymous said...

Jess, Ok so Logan is the cutest and I love hearing about his/your day together. Precious moments! I love his smile,it reminds me of his daddy. Don't you love being the most important person in your babies life! I hope you are well and recovering, I think of you daily. Love you Heaps
Laura

Rebekah said...

awww the joy of parenthood. So wonderful! I love seeing new parents get to realize how wonderful it truely is to be PARENTS!

Megan Andersen said...

Isn't it amazing how strong your love is for him INSTANTLY! It's the strongest most powerful thing in the world!! He is a beautiful boy!!! I'm glad that Oakley adjusted well, & didn't let jealeousy overtake him--what a sweet dog!