So this was the cutest thing I'd seen in a long time! My cousin, Kanyon, just started his first year of Little League Baseball. Andy and I were lucky enough to get invited to his last baseball game. Kanyon is a riot, he truly is a 20 year old in a 5 year old body. Before the game starts he says to me, "Yeah we got our butts whooped at our last game, we really have to win this one. I just hope that everyone plays better." That was before I knew...
They don't keep score, or outs, or balls, or strikes. Everyone on the team swings until they hit, and after everyone has hit the next team is up. Oh and let's not forget the kids that 'slide' into home, most of them come up just short of the base. They get up with a pained look on their faces as they mouth "ouch" rubbing the side of their leg, then they hobble slowly back to the dugout. They play this way for about an hour.
You have the kids who are picking grass, or their noses, and the kids that are waving at their parents with wide smiled on their faces. These kids do not take baseball seriously...
Then there are those that do...
Kanyon for example, he puts on the over sized helmet and picks up his bat, tapping the bottom of his shoes. Turns around and says, "It's go time." And he heads up to the plate...smacks his bat down on the base. Then he hits (farther than anyone else I must say) runs his short little legs to first. With his over sized helmet head down the whole way, because it makes you run faster.
After he rounds all the bases he slides...........into home (yes he was just short of the base too.) Stands up with a huge smile and dusts off his pants, walking over to his bag hanging on the fence. Talking to himself, "Whoa that was close one, we really needed that run." Nodding he pulls a Gatorade out of his bag hanging on the fence and takes a huge swig. Turns around to us and with a red Gatorade mustache and says, "I really hope we can pull this off. We really need this win!"
I was laughing so hard, it was so cute! Great job Kanyon, you're an All-Star!!!!
3 years ago

1 comments:
That is one of the cutest things I have ever read. Kids are awesome. Hope you guys are doing good!!
Post a Comment