Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day. -Ann Landers



Jun 18, 2008

Summer Suprise





On Father's Day as we were making the rounds...over at my parents house. My cute mom showed me a discovery she had made earlier in the week. Sitting up on a ledge by the front door there's a flower pot that has recently been an attraction for a few birds. Not really thinking anything of it she pulled the pot down and found the sweetest surprise inside....






Five baby birds, they are so cute! Their eyes were open and they were looking around not making any sounds. But you could see them breathing. So after a few quick pictures we put the pot back in fear of getting attacked by the mother. So far so good, aren't they the cutest little babies ever? Seeing them reminded me of my favorite Primary song, and yes I still remember all the words. I love this song because it reminds me of things that I love so much. Since I'm currently humming it, I'll share it with you...

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
or look at the blue, blue sky.
Whenever I feel the rain on my face

or the wind as it rushes by.
Whenever I touch a velvet rose

or walk by our lilac tree.
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world,

Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see

the color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear

the magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart,

I thank him revrently.
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.

Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me!

Happy Summer everyone!!!

1 comments:

Catherine said...

Jessica & Andy!! I found your blog through Wesley's!! Not only do we share the same ward building, and work less than 1 minute away...now we can REALLY keep in touch in the blogging world! I hope you guys are doing well. We must get together soon!!

Love,
Catherine (...and Steve) Nielsen

http://www.cathandstevenielsen.blogspot.com